Alongside a number of fixes that, among other things, addresses the Maximum Security Achievement/Trophy bug, The Callisto Protocol's latest update has added New Game+.
Striking Distance Studios shared the patch notes for the v. 3.01 update on Reddit, and it will finally allow players to jump back into the horrors of The Callisto Protocol after they roll credits with all of their weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits.
Some of the other fixes include general performance optimizations, players no longer taking damage when vaulting over objects, voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments, and much more.
The full list of changes in update v. 3.01 can be seen below;
- Users who previously completed the game will have access to NewGame+ after the patch.
- Application restart may be required.
- Requires an active save file from game completion.
- Fixed an issue where some users were not correctly granted the "The Protocol is About Life" achievement
- Added New Game Plus. Complete the game to unlock New Game Plus and carry your progression over to a new save. All weapons, upgrades, and Callisto Credits can be collected at the first Reforge
- General performance optimizations across all platforms
- Players no longer take damage when vaulting over obstacles
- Fixed multiple issues where certain camera angles or progression paths could cause environments to stream out and allow Jacob to fall through the ground
- Consistency pass on cabinets, lockers, and shelves to display correctly in High Contrast mode
- Voice leveling and subtitle mismatch adjustments across localized languages
- Fixed low frequency crash in the Tunnels level during the Two Head fight
- Skip Cinematics button has been mapped to the Interact/Pickup input
- Fixed a long hitch when enabling Ray-Traced Shadows in the main menu
- Prevented mouse cursor from displaying during some area transitions
- Fixed low frequency crash in Snowcat when Jacob is talking to Dani
In our The Callisto Protocol review, we said it "is a satisfyingly gory spiritual successor to the Dead Space series, but it’s ultimately more of a striking modern mimic than a scary new mutation."
The Callisto Protocol Review Screens
For more, check out our performance review of The Callisto Protocol, our full wiki for the game, and reports that the new title didn't meet the company's sales expectations after being described as a "quadruple-A" game.
Have a tip for us? Want to discuss a possible story? Please send an email to email@example.com.